Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Bad Teacher

Thanks so much for all the kind responses for my 1200 poster!! In contrast to that epic project, here's a recent quickie-- I have an illustration out in this week's New Yorker! I had a weekend to make an illustration based on Cameron Diaz's new movie "Bad Teacher". Jordan Awan, my art director, just wanted it to be a fun image showcasing Cameron & Justin Timberlake.
My sketches:

And final!

Justin's likeness gave me a little difficulty (he's just like a generally good-looking guy!) but overall it was quick and painless and fun and summery! I've been working on a lot of assignments with long deadlines, and sometimes it feels nice to just bust an image out in a few days. I do think it was pretty neat that I was drawing a sexy woman spraying herself with a hose for the New Yorker, of all magazines. Thanks for the opportunity, Jordan!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice work.

John Sandford said...

ESSELLENT, KALI
!!

Will Bosma said...

Amazing!

Marloes de Vries said...

Lovely illustration!

Rebecca Bastian said...

Haha love it, you need to draw some more sexy ladies!

Cons Oroza said...

Excellent! I totally recognized her x)

Anne said...

great illustrations

Janna Morton said...

Gorgeous! The likenesses are really spot on. I never would have guessed you had difficulty with JT!