Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Anne Fontaine Holiday Postcard!


Before spring swings into full bloom, I wanted to share another postcard I created for french fashion designer Anne Fontaine! I had a great time working with them on a Bastille Day postcard and was happy to try my hand at it again for a holiday-season themed mailer!


I was provided with photos of one of their new winter coats & bags, gloves, belt, a neck ruff, and a pair of cute booties. They wanted a Karlie Kloss sort of look for the model, and the backdrop this time was to be another iconic french location like the Arc de Triomphe or the Pont Alexandre III bridge!


For my sketches, I actually spent a pretty long time looking for reference images of these locations that weren't your typical straight-on tourist views--I wanted to show a little more depth of space. (in the process I ended up looking through a lot of flickr accounts and french blogs!)

The Arc de Triomphe background was chosen, and we ended up changing the pose and the hair a bit. (it became sort of an inverse-pose of the previous Bastille Day postcard!)

When I was creating my color sketch, I couldn't decide between a purpley daytime background or a cool blue nighttime background (with or without snow!) so I left it up to the client. Before I finalize an image, I like to get the colors juuuust right, so I don't have to worry about changing them later! In the end, the snowy daytime background was chosen and I'm happy with the result! (but I still like the nighttime setting too!)

Thanks again to my contact Christina Ramirez-Madisson and Anne Fontaine for the lovely job!

6 comments:

CreatureType.com said...

This is so so great! It's so bright and cheery without smacking you over the head with "Christmas!" Love. <3

xo Michelle

Unknown said...

These are stellar illustrations! Among these designs, I'm rooting for letter C. The pale purple background looks elegant! Just like what you'll see in France during the winter. I love how you used different shades of purple to give depth to the photo. It's so impressive!

Madeleine Truman

Annie Hughes said...

Your beautiful and graphic style is what I strive for in every drawing. I love it so much, never stop creating.

Shelley Whiting's art said...

I love these illustrations. They're very fun and carefree. Lovely work.

Nick said...

Thank you for making this site very interesting!

Unknown said...

Here is one more site for Online Shopping in India.