Friday, February 5, 2010

DUBPOST: Sabriel Book Plate & Runner's World!


Hey Everyone!
My Bookplate/Bio/Explanation is up on at the Picturebookreport.com! I was the last one, so you can check out everyone else's awesome bookplates & info there too! The first illustrations start rolling in next week, so check back!
addendum: For those of you who have read Sabriel, that fiery guy in the back is the Mordicant, with a lemon tree from the Inn of 3 Lemons & Mogget with a view of the aquaduct from the ocean.

And for something totally different....here's my illustration in the Jan/Feb Runner's world! It was for an article talking about the benefits the author has found about using a treadmill (watching her daughter, avoiding bad weather).
It went through some different revisions, but I'm happy with the result. Enjoy!

Sketches, alternate color:

And the layout!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

AH! Sabriel is one of my favorites, I'm so excited to see what you do for the Picture Book Report.

Kali Ciesemier said...

Thanks Amanda! I'm excited too, there isn't a lot of Sabriel art out there! (but I still gotta figure out the style for it!)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Sabriel cover!

Bonnie Branson said...

Your sense of design and color is very inspiring! I love your work! Thanks for sharing :)